Friday, April 27, 2012

I am a "full figured" gal and am looking for a new hair style. Help!?

I have an appointment to get a hair cut and color, and am not sure what to do! I have a round face and am pretty pale. I have shorter side sweapt bangs (eyebrown length) and longer hair (past shoulders). My hair is very thick so with it being this long, it takes FOREVER to get it to look nice.. so I end up wearing it back most of the time.



I was thinking of going shorter- between chin and shoulder length...



Any suggestions and/or pictures would be appreciated!!!



I am a "full figured" gal and am looking for a new hair style. Help!?

i too have a round face and have worn my hair both short and long. i have always found that a shorter chin length cut makes my face look more round, so if you're worried about this, I'd suggest keeping your long har but have some layers cut in. this should help with the managability of your hair. express your concerns to your hairstylist.



I am a "full figured" gal and am looking for a new hair style. Help!?

ok you want youre hair to frame youre face so get it lightened (perhaps carmel highlights) that will also make you look less pale. then get it layered and above the shoulder. good luck, i think it will look good!



I am a "full figured" gal and am looking for a new hair style. Help!?

usually shorter hair on some one full figured will make them like they gained 10 pounds. My cousin did it and she regretted cutting her hair short. She looked like she gained like 15 lbs.



I am a "full figured" gal and am looking for a new hair style. Help!?

I have a round face also... My hair was past my shoulders all my life, until about 2 years ago... I cut it to above my shoulders... I have gotten SO many compliments on it and haven't let it get past my shoulders since then.



I wouldn't go as short as to the chin just yet... I'd recommend about an inch above your shoulders... and since it's thick, tell them to "texturize" it at the bottom :)



Good Luck!



I am a "full figured" gal and am looking for a new hair style. Help!?

Layer it, that would look good....



I am a "full figured" gal and am looking for a new hair style. Help!?

I want you to keep most of the length and work on styles of putting it up in a little ball pony tail thing with berets but the berets concealed so you can have your neck showing but you can put your hair down to prevent sunburns on normal days. Work with shampoo and conditioner of the same fruit logo and give real long washes with a lot of lathering and gentle rinses leaning back into the water instead of leaning into.



I am a "full figured" gal and am looking for a new hair style. Help!?

Round - Your best bet are styles that fall right below your chin or add a little volume on top. Soft, graduated layers are also a great bet because they make your face appear slimmer %26amp; tend to remove bulk %26amp; weight from the sides. Bangs are flattering, but keep them long or sideswept. Go for wispy and tapered ends. These de-emphasize the roundness of your face. For more information, check out this photo gallery of best hairstyles for round face shapes.



http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstylephot...



Celebs who share your face shape: Fergie, Kate Bosworth, Oprah Winfrey, Cameron Diaz, Kirsten Dunst, Michelle Williams, Catherine Zeta-Jones



Avoid: One-length, blunt cuts if you have short hair. These only emphasize your round face.



Tools you need: A great Boar's Hair brush to keep hair tame.



If you're pale, careful with the super dark tones, you might look ghostly and older. (Eeek).



Just as with blonde, it's best to start out just a couple shades from your natural color. In this case, avoid going more than a couple shades darker initially. Women with short hair look better with full color rather than highlights. If you have medium-length to long hair, highlights -- especially around the face -- can be very flattering. For the most natural-looking highlights, you can ask your stylist for up to five different shades of color.



Keep in mind that due to root growth, all-over coloring will need to be touched up every four to eight weeks, while highlights can last up to two or three months. Start with a semipermanent color. Semipermanent colors wash out after a few washes, whereas permanent colors have to grow out. If you are new to coloring your hair, you might start with a semipermanent hue.

No comments:

Post a Comment