Friday, April 27, 2012

Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

1. washing



2. conditioning



3. drying



4. blow-drying



5. relaxing



6. perming



7. treating



8. pre-treating



9. styling



10. coloring



11. highlighting



12. curling



13. adding volume



14. combing



15. brushing



16. hot-oil treatments(if you do this)



17. getting rid of split-ends



How do you deal with all of this?????



Doesn't it get on your nerves, sometimes??????



If you ever decide to get your hair cut, send it to LOCKS OF LOVE.



Locks of Love makes wigs for cancer patients.



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????



1. washing- garnier or herbalessence products



2. conditioning- " "



3. drying- sometimes i just sit in the wind



4. blow-drying- once in a while if i want it really straight



5. relaxing- the weight makes in naturally straight



6. perming- i don't perm



7. treating- frizz remedies work well



8. pre-treating- nothing



9. styling- down, pulled half way back, low ponytail, two braids



10. coloring- no way jose



11. highlighting- sun- in. it looks waaay more natural than that salon crap



12. curling- braid your hair when its wet



13. adding volume- when it's this long (three feet) you dont need volume



14. combing- combs only to separate my part while doing braids



15. brushing- hard brisles



16. hot-oil treatments(if you do this)- ive done it before. it was ok.



17. getting rid of split-ends- trimming (that's kinda obvious



- it gets on my nerves sometimes, but with all the compliments i get, it totally pays off!!



-I don't think i want to donate my hair to locks of love. I read that they collect more hair than they make wigs for. I'd rather sell my hair and then donate the money to the charity of my choice.



(like CF or breast cancer)



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

I would just get it cut off then you could put a quite style in it.



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

I deal with my very long hair by using a mild shampoo and a good conditioner to make brushing it easier and to keep the split ends down. I also wear it up or braided most of the time. and, yes, if I ever do decide to cut it, (which I probably will never do), I will donate it to Locks of Love.



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

They usually just let me play with it and I wash it for them and then I dry it and then I comb/brush it for them. If you haven't noticed there are those of us that like women's hair enough to not quite call it a fetish and not enough to ignore. Sometimes I simply must play with a woman's long hair if she has really great hair-I love it.Let me take core of your hair and everything will be fine. LOL!! :P



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

My hair is like 13 inches! It most certainly gets on my last nerves cuz when I comb it I can't reach that low and my mom has no time to comb my hair! I want to have a haircut but my mom says she wants my hair down to the floor~? I mostly lose my hair scrunchys so my hair is open most of the time, and since it's summer I want a hair cut really baddly~!!! The most horrible thing of having long hair is when you take a shower ( shampoo and condition) when you come out of your bathroom, it's a shaggy mess and it takes and hour or two to comb it completely. God help me!



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

Actually I also have that type of long hair %26amp; trust me I find it very difficult to manage them. But on the other hand I can't cut them even, because my grandma doesn't allow me to do so. %26amp; truely speaking even I don't want to cut them off because even I luv long hair.



But ya when my hairs have those nots in them %26amp; i find it difficult to remove them %26amp; then when it pains while removing them at that time I really get on my nerves %26amp; feel like cutting them off . But then after some time when i manage to remove all the nots %26amp; comb my hair properly I again don't feel like cutting them because I luv long, black hair.



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

i just condition and brush it. if it's frizzy i use a gel or olive oil or conditioner.



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

I deal with this everyday. My hair is long and curly. I use Aussie shampoo/conditioner and I use the Maxiglide to straighten it.



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

i don't really care about those things all that much



i wash my hair every night, air-dry as i sleep, straighten and brush in the morning. thats my life.



and no, even though i'm not obsessed about my hair, i would never never cut my hair



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

i always take a shower before bed, then I blow dry it barley, and then put it in a bun, so that in the morning, it isn't ratty.



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

My hair used to have some wave, which would straighten out as it got longer. After chemo, it came back super curly. I throw some Frizz-Ease in it %26amp; forget it - don't blow dry it %26amp; very occasionally straighten it. In the summer I put in up in a pony tail or braid it to get it off my neck. I put it in a french twist for a dressier look. For me it's not a big deal to take care of long hair - just a little more time consuming.



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

yr going overboard with looking after yr hair. mine is long but i wash it daily and condition. brush it when wet and leave it to dry i dont use hair dryers as i think this causes dryness and damages the hair. when completely dry i brush it once again. trim regularly to avoid split ends.



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

My hair's at least 24 inches now. It's very hard to take care of. I'm a brunette and my hair is thick. I haven't had it cut in over a year (don't worry, I definitely plan on sending what's cut to Locks Of Love.) I'm obsessed with keeping it in as best condition as possible. I have at least 30 different shampoos with matching conditioners and styling products. I have almost every brand sold in regular stores, as well as few expensive lines of professional/salon-sold products. My hair's naturally curly, and I prefer my hair straight, so everyday I blowdry my hair and straighten it. If I want it curly I just let it air dry, but that takes a few hours! It's such a hastle, but I love my hair long. One thing I've learned is to give up on the split ends. The only way to get rid of them is to cut them off. Hair is basically just dead skin (this is also why I stopped worrying about the damage my blowdryer does), so there's nothing you can do about it. You can't repair them, you can only temporarily mend them. Frizz-Ease works great for that, though. The hair serum works awesome, it's one of my favorite products. And then the Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon finishing creme.



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

My hair is to my butt and has been for 12 years.



Wash with Suave clarifying shampoo



Redmon 3 minute miracle 3-4 times a week



Olive oil,warmed on stove-apply,cover with towel,leave 20 minutes,wash out-3-4 times a year



Trim the ends 2-3 times a year (mine grows slow)



Wide tooth comb from the ends up-takes about 10 minutes



NONE of that other stuff



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

Since when is 10 inches "really long"? I would call that medium. Mine's about 30 inches. I wash it every four days with baking soda and lime juice, and use a conditioner without "cones." I don't do many of the other things on the list, except for micro-trims to take care of splits, and finger-combing. I keep my hair in a braid nearly 24/7. It's pretty easy to manage.



Do some research on Locks of Love, their numbers don't add up...



Ladies with really long hair (10 inches or longer) how do you manage it????

My hair is almost to my waist. It's wavy, but dry and frizzy. I use Garnier Sleek %26amp; Shine shampoo and conditioner, which really helps moisturize my hair. Supposedly it makes it up to 5 times stronger too, but I have never tested this. I air dry my hair -- if I blow dry it it gets really poofy. If I plan on going out, I apply the Sleek %26amp; Shine Anti-Frizz Serum through my wet hair then let it dry. Once a week I use the Sleek %26amp; Shine Fortifying Deep Conditioner. Every two weeks I use a clarifying shampoo to clarify my hair of the build-up a serum might create. Every night I braid my hair, to prevent tangles I might otherwise get from tossing and turning.



I have never relaxed, permed, or straightened my hair, because all of these cause damage and potential hair breakage. I have been very tempted to dye my hair, but always decided against it because of the damage it would do to my hair. I use a boar bristle brush I bought at Target. Boar bristles don't damage your hair like plastic or metal combs because they are hair, and hair can't damage hair. If I have any knots, I comb through them with my fingers. I trim my hair only a few times a year to get rid of split ends. It is a myth that the more often you cut your hair, the faster it will grow. Trimming is the only way to get rid of split ends, but you can buy a styling product that temporarily seals them. I believe Garnier has a Long %26amp; Strong serum for this.



Natural shampoos and conditioners usually don't have 'cones, which can weigh down your hair. They are also more gentle on your hair if they don't have sulfates. I wish I could afford them, but they are at least $6 a bottle. You can get them at a natural food store or Longs drug store.



Taking care of long hair does sometimes seem a hassle. Several times I have thought of cutting it, but I never did. I guess having long hair is just me. And for some reason guys seem to like long hair, but that isn't what motivates me. If I ever do decide to cut my hair, I would send it to Locks of Love. I think that's a very worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment